Holy-moly, September ain’t messing around. Normally we try to not overwhelm you with new music, carefully curating our list to keep it a reasonable length, but we may need to overstuff your ears this week, cause here’s who has new albums coming out today:
- The Wonder Years – brash and powerful new-school pop-punk
- Blackstarkids – these bad ass break-outs make the kind of genre-mashing music that is quintessential Gen Z
- Arkells – These Canadian alt rockers last album was our favorite of 2021, and this follow-up is full of amazing collaborations.
- Editors – These moody Brit rockers have always shown a powerful knack for powerful songwriting
- Band-Maid – These j-rock World Watch alumni’s new album is full of metal riffs, punk energy and pop hooks
- Joe Hicks – Recent Check This singer/songwriter’s latest is perfect chill afternoon music
- The Comet is Coming – Sax-filled, electro-dance rock trio will have you freaking in the club, like the stars in their recent video did
- Eve 6 – the 90’s rockers continue their renaissance with this fine new collection
- Vieux Farka Toure & Khruangbin – A cool collab EP from these worldly artists
- Weezer – the third EP in their SZNZ series is out.
And on top of all those albums, we’ve got new hard-rocking singles from The Smashing Pumpkins, Thrice, Record Thieves, and more soothing songs from Broken Bells, The California Honeydrops and The 1975. There’s some strong songwriting on Anna Moon‘s latest, and incredible musicianship from Takuya Kuroda‘s latest jazz opus. Oh, and we have more Red Hot Chili Peppers!
And no matter how much music comes in, we always make room to introduce you to some new artists. Making the playlist for the first time this week are Elizabeth Moen, Little Fuss, Hannah Jadagu, Candy Coffins, Hohnen Ford, Girl Scout, Sic Waiting, Taylor Young Band and Oxyjane.
What are you waiting for? Start listening to all of these new albums and songs in our New Music Friday Playlist on Spotify or Apple Music!